Martha Minow, Jeremiah Smith Jr., Professor of Law at Harvard Law School.
When can the law be used as an instrument of reconciliation and repair instead of punishment? That is the central question from Harvard Law Professor Martha Minow's "When should the law pass?" It examines how corporations and communities in the United States and abroad are using truth commissions, redress, and debt relief – alternatives that come under the guise of restorative justice – to address injustice and create a better future.
Would you like to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.
Advantages of a digital membership:
- Free access to 3 articles * every 30 days
- Access to the entire ALM network of websites
- Unlimited access to the ALM newsletter suite
- Create custom notifications on any search topic of your choice
- Look for a variety of topics
* Can exclude premium content
Do you already have an account? Register now