Delays in arrests over Megan Thee Stallion capturing ‘regarding,’ lawyer says

0
9
Delays in arrests over Megan Thee Stallion shooting 'concerning,' attorney says

It's been almost two months since Tory Lanez allegedly shot and killed Megan Thee Stallion, and insiders are “concerned” that the “LUV” rapper has not yet been charged with the incident.

"This case is open and closed and I am very concerned that we are still here," a source told Page 6 exclusively on Wednesday. "MEIt is not treated with the same resources and focus as if it were a white student. "

Sources report that the Los Angeles Attorney's Office received all of the evidence deemed necessary to advance the case, including testimony, text messages, 911 calls, video and medical records.

Medical records show that 25-year-old Megan was shot because the records state that rapper "Savage" suffered "gunshot wounds" the night of the attack. Initial media reports said she cut her feet with glass.

"This is not controversial," said the insider.

Megan did not initially name her attacker, but sources exclusively revealed to Page Six in July that Lanez, 28, was the person who allegedly shot her.

"Megan didn't want to give names, she didn't want to go there – she wasn't planning to speak to the police," a source later told us. “She protected herself. The people in her camp and in Tory's camp all closed so quickly that it was hard to blink. But there were lies that were being spread and she would not advocate them. "

On August 20, however, the rapper "Hot Girl Summer" Lanez publicly accused of shooting her on her Instagram.

"Yeah, that n – a Tory shot me," she claimed in the video. "You shot me and got your publicist and your people going to these blogs. Stop lying. Why lie?"

We have learned that Megan's public claims and Lanez's indirect comments in the press have become part of LADA's files.

"The case goes on, it just doesn't go on with the same urgency as I think," said an insider. "I think it's inconsiderate to delay. There are risks if you don't do anything."

Roc Nation attorney Alex Spiro exclusively told Page Six that he and his team had been completely cooperative. Megan is under contract with Roc Nation.

"I can confirm that we have forwarded our investigation and files to the LA prosecutor and that we remain concerned that given the incontrovertible evidence, they do not need to take action yet," said Spiro.

Until Thursday, Lanez was only charged with gun possession after police stopped him in his SUV and found a firearm in his car after the alleged shooting.

A spokesman for LADA informed us that there are no updates on the case and that the LAPD is investigating. The LAPD told us, "Hollywood area detectives have brought the case to the prosecutor's office."

A Lanez representative was unavailable for comment.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here