LOS ANGELES, November 25, 2019 / PRNewswire / – Hahn & Hahn, the Pasadena-based legal power plant, was one of Los Angeles & # 39; Top 25 law firms.
The firm is featured in today's Los Angeles Business Journal and honors the best law firms of 2019. The annual survey shows companies that have demonstrated good legal practice while promoting a culture of diversity and a commitment to work-life balance. Companies were judged on their culture, remuneration, benefits and programs, and on the success of their women's and minority initiatives.
Hahn & Hahn partner and chair of the process department Rita M. Diaz
The 120-year-old Hahn & Hahn law firm, LLP, is based in Pasadena.
Hahn & Hahn has been recognized for its diversity in hiring and promotion, fair compensation and family vacation arrangements, active support for lawyers' external efforts, and longstanding commitment to community engagement.
"We are honored to be recognized for the quality of our work and for our employee-oriented programs and practices," said the managing partner Karl I Swaidan. "Hahn & Hahn has been in business for 120 years. It is our philosophy that we do a good job. This means that we do good work both professionally and in the community and that we use our lawyers and employees properly." It was a successful model for us. "
Hahn & Hahn has developed into an industry leader in the area of diversity. The majority of the firm's lawyers identify themselves as women and / or minorities, and Hahn & Hahn is certified by the California Public Utilities Commission Supplier Clearinghouse as a company owned by women and minorities. Women make up 69% of the company's workforce, while approximately 45% of employees identify themselves as colored and / or LGBTQ. Four of the company's seven Executive Committee members are women, as are two of the three department heads, including a colored woman.
"Our development into a majority company for women and minorities was organic," said the partner Rita M. Diazwho heads the law department of the firm. "First and foremost, we hire excellent lawyers. But I think the combination of our strong commitment to work-life balance and our long-standing policy of equal pay makes us a particularly attractive law firm for lawyers."
Diaz is an example of Hahn & Hahn's successful model. Her work focuses on controversial trust and inheritance disputes, guiding clients through trust management issues, and advising companies on employment issues. Outside of the company, she is vice president of the board of the Boys and Girls Club of Pasadena and is a member of the Advisory Board of the Pasadena Community Foundation.
Other professionals who represent Hahn & Hahn's commitment to diversity include:
- partner Laura V. Farber was recently recognized in the National Law Journal for paving the way for her distinguished litigation practice and commitment to justice. Farber is the first Latina and third woman to act as president of the rose tournament. Farber has been awarded numerous prizes and awards Los Angeles & # 39; The most influential lawyers in 2019.
- partner Christianne F. Kerns is a business lawyer who has been recognized twice as one of Los Angeles & # 39; The most influential lawyers. She is chair of the Board of Five Acres, a non-profit organization that works to empower children and families, and was previously a member of the Board of Villa Esperanza Services, a non-profit organization that works for people with developmental disabilities.
- partner Candice K. Rogers is a member of the litigation department and certified by the public prosecutor California as a specialist in family law. Rogers is the former CEO of Villa Esperanza Services. She is also the chairwoman of the Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law, which protects victims of domestic violence and provides free legal services to women in poverty.
- partner Karla C. Berentsen is Chairman of the company's Trust & Estates division. Her practice focuses on complex estate planning. She is the executive secretary of the Pasadena Humane Society.
- partner Ryan A. Kaye, A member of Hahn & Hahn's Trust & Estates practice, was the company's first Asian-American partner. He taught estate tax at Loyola Law School. Kaye is a trustee of the Pasadena Bar Association and a former board member of the Pasadena Museum of History.
- Partner D. Jason Lyon, a litigation attorney focused on business disputes, was the firm's first open LGBTQ attorney. Lyon is a former president of the Board of Young & Healthy, a nonprofit that provides access to quality healthcare to underserved children, and a member of the Boards of Planned Parenthood Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley and the San Gabriel Valley Economic Partnership. He is a member of Pasadenas Planning commission.
About Hahn & Hahn LLP
Hahn & Hahn LLP was founded in 1899 and is the oldest law firm in Pasadena and the San Gabriel Valley and among the oldest in California. The firm represents entrepreneurs, innovators, business owners, family offices and non-profit organizations in their corporate, real estate, employment, estate planning and family law issues as well as in legal disputes.
SOURCE Hahn & Hahn LLP